Metal Detecting. Beach and Land Metal detecting!

Metal detecting uk. Beach and Land metal detecting.

This is a blog of my finds and experiences as a metal detector in the South East of England.

This blog features tips and advice for beginners, as well as being an archive of my most favourite finds and experiences as a metal detectorist around these parts. Excellent resource sites are also featured here.


Tuesday 27 March 2012

Metal detecting challenge - Episode one!

A CHALLENGE!


Can I cover the cost of a metal detector using finds I have found on the beach, in a year?

Can you?

A challenge!

Rules:

ONLY beach detecting.
Any finds count towards the cost (including lead)
Can be any beach.
A person can detect as much as they want.
We're looking at a mid-ranged/priced detector as mentioned in the video.
Starts today.


*Note.  This is just a bit of fun.  It will be interesting to see if any of us can get anywhere near!

Here is my first video, explaining a bit more, and with my first finds!



AND HERE IS VIDEO 2:



VIDEO THREE:


VIDEO FOUR:





VIDEO FIVE:




VIDEO SIX (FIRST BIT OF BLING) (JULY 10TH = £34.00)




VIDEO 7:  APPROX £112 AFTER SUMMER AND SILVER


8 comments:

  1. Great idea, hope you make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Andre and I live in The Netherlands. I'm also a fanatic beach detectorist and I really love to look at your video's.
    I defenetly think your finds will increase if you buy yourself a real beachdetector. If I look at your video and see you dig almost every hole not deeper the 4 inches I know that you can do much better. If I compare the holes you dig with the ones I dig there is a world of difference. I'm finding coins at 13 , 14 inches at the beach as well on the dry and the wet sand. You will see that when you have a real beachdetector you will need a bigger scoop then the one you are using now.

    Thanks,

    Andre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Andre!

      I'm hoping to get a proper beach detector in the summer sometime! Thanks for the advice :)

      Delete
    2. I agree with you. The success of metal detecting rely approximately 85 percent on the quality of metal detector you had. Therefore you really have to choose the one which great and suits to your need.

      Delete
  3. what detector are u using for this challenge Addictedto beeps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a beach detector, which is going to make my life harder. Hopefuly, I will get one in the summer though.

      At the moment I will use either the Cscope 6MX, or the 3MX, mostly on dry sand/pebbles.

      Delete
  4. I noticed you dismissed that crescent moon and star with stones in it as tat !, I think it's gold and diamonds. Alan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your experience. As I watch your video, I really learn a lot. I am also into beach metal detecting. I can really relate your video.

    ReplyDelete